Which Optima battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDOC111

Reaction score
I'm doing a dual battery set-up on the Burb. I've read where using top mounted post won't work due to the post hitting the hood and I've read where they will work. Can anyone give me any advise? I would like to run both duals with top & side mounted post. Thanks for any help!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Don't go with Optima, they've gone to crap the last few years. Just get the highest rated store brand batteries.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i have a yellow top in my 97. no problems with it. its been in there for 2ish years now. i saw at a local Napa the red tops were selling for $159.00

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i only run duralasts or interstate, my dads running a interstate in his 03 yukon 220k+ no probs (not original battery)

and im running a dual connection (top posts and side terminals) duralast gold top battery and havent had a single problem!
just dont go with the ty brand ones like everstart or walmart brand ones.

duralast and interstate are both well known.

from what you say u wanna run both side and top posts id go with one like mine or (im not sure if you can get interstate dual posts) if u can go with either one of those

u wont be disappointed
just be glad u dont own a cadillac, had to replace battery in my sisters cts and it was 196 total

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Avoid Optima.... Years ago, they were great, owned yellows, blues in my boat, and several reds... Not sure what happened but it was a major hit in quality. I've bought 2 red tops in the last 3 years, absolutely terribly. I replaced each of them several times under warranty then finally got rid of them both by selling the vehicles. Hate to say it but the best batteries I've ever seen are Ford Motorcraft. I've accidentally left the headlights on in my old 03 f-150 Harley for 8 hours at work, started right up, didn't even lag. My old 2012 5.0 Mustang, left the park lights on for over 12 hours, fired right up. And the king of em all was my Motorcraft battery in my 04 Lightning, left headlights and radio on for 12 hours, it just barley started but it started... I'm completly sold on FOMOCO batteries.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Avoid Optima.... Years ago, they were great, owned yellows, blues in my boat, and several reds... Not sure what happened but it was a major hit in quality. I've bought 2 red tops in the last 3 years, absolutely terribly. I replaced each of them several times under warranty then finally got rid of them both by selling the vehicles. Hate to say it but the best batteries I've ever seen are Ford Motorcraft. I've accidentally left the headlights on in my old 03 f-150 Harley for 8 hours at work, started right up, didn't even lag. My old 2012 5.0 Mustang, left the park lights on for over 12 hours, fired right up. And the king of em all was my Motorcraft battery in my 04 Lightning, left headlights and radio on for 12 hours, it just barley started but it started... I'm completly sold on FOMOCO batteries.

not saying ur lying but i find that hard to believe, who accidentally leaves there lights on for 8-12 hrs multiple times and even forgets the radio is on.......all those cars would have chimes to tell u the lights are on just strange

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
not saying ur lying but i find that hard to believe, who accidentally leaves there lights on for 8-12 hrs multiple times and even forgets the radio is on.......all those cars would have chimes to tell u the lights are on just strange

I can believe it. My friend with an s10 parked in a field once with a girl. Needless to say, the truck was off and the radio was on for over 8 hours. And it started right up.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-