What i did today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few days ago i asked for information on finding interior parts to finish my interior. A member offeres advice on what years i needed. Thank you. I postes on my local face book market place and met a gentleman who had these parts in Alabama and was going down to check of family and said he would get what i needed from a 96 he was parting out. Mine is a 98 so all the pieces interchanged. I met up yeaterday and picked up the pieces. I recovered the headliner and dyed the panels a medium grey. I am thrilled to death to have my interior complete. Its not perfect but i am really happy. Just wanted to share.
You must be registered for see images attach

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a nice looking truck! One question. If it's a 98, wouldn't it have the newer steering wheel?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same steering wheel I have in my 97. I had a friend with a 2000 2500 CC so same body style truck, and it had the same steering wheel, dash, door panels, ext as my 97. Oh and same engine, and trans too.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If it's a 98, it should've gotten the newer steering wheel, odd how this one doesn't, maybe it's been swapped out?

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Probably a trim level variation. Many 98's I've seen had the "large" airbag wheel, or the 2500/3500 non-airbag look-alike of it. Probably just the leather trimmed version is the small airbag? Dunno.

Richard

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on what Richard said. Must be a trim level thing.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. Wish I had that cubby and carpet behind the seats.

It is amazing how much of a difference not having your headliner falling on your head makes in the interior of a vehicle.