Well f**k me running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hook a voltmeter to your + and - on battery and watch it when it shudders like it does. You're looking for voltmeter to drop by a heavy amount really quick. If it does, it's most likely your stator in your alt is overheating and having momentary shorts, which drains enough power momentarily that it interrupts your ecm's fueling of the engine, causing shudders.

Why wouldn't this happen off idle at all? It runs like a charm down the road.

Replaced CTS pigtail just because I had one, no difference. Put OEM ICM back in, I think it got worse...

Its really hard to tell, because it runs like total ass at cold start up. I have to drive it for a few minutes and then let it idle to see the problem noted in the video.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
And I think I can oust anything overheating, because like I said it runs like total **** on cold start up...I am perplexed to say the least.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Wish I could help you Chris......I'm just as clueless as you on this.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
If the new ICM, Cap, and Rotor doesn't do it...its going to my favorite shop. I'm gonna surprise them with it, and tell them to have fun and to not call me until they are done!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
If the new ICM, Cap, and Rotor doesn't do it...its going to my favorite shop. I'm gonna surprise them with it, and tell them to have fun and to not call me until they are done!

Probably the best thing. I didn't ask, but any codes?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
New ICM, Cap, and Rotor anndddd...same problem. I drove it for about 30 miles tonight, and it drives awesome just has the surge at idle once warmed up that threatens to stall the truck. It still ran like crap when I cranked it after replacing that stuff but not near as bad as with the old ICM, and I'm hoping that was due to the computer needing to learn which I hope it did tonight. We'll see tomorrow when I can crank it again after letting it cool down.

This is so frustrating.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you put a new fuel pump (sorry, i am to lazy to go back through and check) it is the exact same symptoms that old blue had when the fuel pump was shot, changed it out and shes back to her old self