Waste wages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not trying to get to far off topic but after speaking to a couple tuners it has led to a new question. Have any of you ran a edelbrock airgap with a gm tbi? One fella says it will be prone to having low end hesitation issues and another doesn't know if it would or wouldn't.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to get to far off topic but after speaking to a couple tuners it has led to a new question. Have any of you ran a edelbrock airgap with a gm tbi? One fella says it will be prone to having low end hesitation issues and another doesn't know if it would or wouldn't.
I'm about to. I have that same Edelbrock Performer air gap manifold on my 355 and will be putting a 454 TB with the factory GM spreadbore to TB adapter. Mine came off an '87 454 and I don't know how long GM ran that setup before they started casting a TBI specific intake for the 454. Have you downloaded TunerPro and bought a ALDL patch cord yet? You need to see first hand what is going on with your system and not be relying on other peoples guesses.

wasted wages

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to. I have that same Edelbrock Performer air gap manifold on my 355 and will be putting a 454 TB with the factory GM spreadbore to TB adapter. Mine came off an '87 454 and I don't know how long GM ran that setup before they started casting a TBI specific intake for the 454. Have you downloaded TunerPro and bought a ALDL patch cord yet? You need to see first hand what is going on with your system and not be relying on other peoples guesses.
Your right I'll look into getting tunerpro and the patch cord. I figure if I'm going to try and "hotrod" a tbi system I'm going to need to learn how to tune myself.