1999 two door 2wdr Tahoe lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SergDLG

Reaction score
Recently picked up a Tahoe with 120k original miles looking to do a 3/5 or 4/6 drop but would rather not cut the truck up what are my options?

Last edited:

Blake293209

Reaction score
The front is like any 2wd gmt400.
spindle / drop spring or cut stock spring to dial in your drop.

Rear on a 2 door tahoe can be a little more work to get it down 5 or 6 inches. Can't run a shackle because of the fuel filler neck, also there is a section of the floor on the body, kind of like a floor crossmember that will hit the driveshaft if you go low. i just notched it with sheetmetal.

Pretty sure there are some spots on the frame above the axle that will be close or might touch. its been a while since ive done one. Obviously you'll want a notch also if you're going this low

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do a 2” drop spindle and 1.5”. shorter springs up front. In the rear a 4” drop leaf spring should work. You could try a lowering shackle and lowering front spring mounts but you may only get 3” of drop.

lo2doorho

Reaction score
Mine is a 4/6 with c notch. I promise once you lower the rear you will want a c notch might as well go ahead and do it. Just my 2 cents

Attachments

• Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1