Waste wages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ECM doesn't know what your initial timing is so, the only way it can retard the timing is, if it senses Knocks and goes into Knock Retard. There is a place in the .bin where you can tell it what you set your initial to but, that takes the ability to "Burn" a new calibration.
Interesting that's good to know.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ACSK is a 1987 5.7 automatic .bin. Should run at least halfway decent. You can add maybe 6deg and it will still run good but as P/TBI mentioned the .bin is set up for 0 initial advance. Recheck your connections and MAP vacuum. Do you have a way to check TPS voltage?

wasted wages

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACSK is a 1987 5.7 automatic .bin. Should run at least halfway decent. You can add maybe 6deg and it will still run good but as P/TBI mentioned the .bin is set up for 0 initial advance. Recheck your connections and MAP vacuum. Do you have a way to check TPS voltage?
I was thinking along the same lines so I checked all my connections and I did double check the map. I do have a way to check TPS voltage but just for curiosity sake I swapped the TPS since I did have a new one on hand. It hasn't made a difference I figured I'd have some bugs to work out. At this point I'm almost thinking it maybe fuel related. I've been talking to the guys at tunedport.org and there thinking along the same lines. I've verified the pump is doing what it should and with 30 psi max and 151 mph it should be more than enough.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've verified the pump is doing what it should and with 30 psi max and 151 mph it should be more than enough.
What size injectors are you running? 45 pounders? I don't understand where 151 MPH plays into it. Injector sizing which includes pressure vs flow vs HP has anything to do with how fast you're gonna go. Enlighten me!!!