Waste wages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know Olds engines make good truck engines? A buddy of mine had an Olds 350 in an 86 1/2 ton long bed and pulled some pretty heavy trailers with it.
Yep. Ive looked at every 68 to 72 cutlass and I havent found one that is worth the money or one that hasnt been completely hacked up with a poorly done SBC swap.
I do not want your "rebuilt" chevy engine or your "rebuilt" non BPO th 350 trans.
Or a car with no title but its okay because you have the phone number I need to call in order to get the paperwork to start the process
In Washington State, no title is a big problem.
Many years ago we bought a half done 1969 GTO 400 4 speed factory air bucket console power window car.
2 year restoration.
We spent 48,000 dollars on parts and labor on an already rust free car.
Took it to Washington State Patrol inspection with a 5 inch thick binder of reciepts and photographs and documentation.
And sat there for two hours while a couple of old shihead ready to retire state fuckos treated me like I was a punk.
I was about 43 or 44 at the time.
I could tell they were really digging deep.
Out of all of that documentation they found a line item about rear window power regulators that did not have a vin number.
Thats because the rear regulators are not available aftermarket because they are rare.
I sawzalled those out of a rotted car in a farm field from the ass end of what was left of a car.
Based on that one little thing these two shitbags decided that we would have to get a bonded title.
Because obviously they sniffed out our whole plan to rebuild two rusty rear window regulators and sell them on to the international 69 gto rear window market by spending $8,500 on the shell of the car and another $48,000 on the restoration.
It took a couple of months get get around that nonsense.
And because of that we missed an auction and had to put the car through a different auction.
Back then that car should have gone at 70 to 90k
The nicest black/black no vinyl GTO Ive ever seen.
We took the GTO and a 70s mercedes 500sl and a 2003 mercedes and a 72 chevelle 454 4 speed triple white convertable.
And pulled the worst possible numbers ever out of the hat.
They woudnt let the mercedes in because it had half a tank of gas.
Had to be a quarter tank or less.
So we tried to syphon some gas out.
You cant syphon gas out of a mercedes.
So I thought that I could easily burn a quarter tank out of a 750 horse twin turbo by opening the windows and the sunroof and bombing it from downtown seattle to lynwood and back at about 120 mph.
Turns out that a big car with a big engine has a big fuel tank.
But that run was one hell of a lot of fun.
The window on this car was 175,000 dollars
They finally let me in even though I was still over a quarter tank.
The auction house set aside numbers in the middle of the auction for the snohomish county sheriffs drug seizure cars.
Nobody knew about this little **** you part.
So im in line with the GTO and the county rolls a 69 396 4 speed chevelle and a 70 ls5 chevelle.
And the car in front of me is a 1969 hemi roedrunner bench seat 4 speed no option dog dish car.
That sold at 98,500.
That roadrunner and the cops sucked all of the money out of the room.
We pulled the car at 64 and took it home.
While being chased by bottom feeders who somehow think you should finance them.
There is no money in car restoration.
Those days are long gone.
You do not have the money to get into that market.
My father called it the "10-4 rule"
Every project you take on will last ten years longer and will cost 4 times more and will take up the entire garage and you will be divorced in ten years.
This is why no matter how ****** up the car is the first thing you need to do is make it run and drive.
And keep it running and driving.
Never ever leave your car with your soon to be ex wife.
She will dangle that car like a ******* salmon lure to that stoop that fell for her lying poor me bullshit .
And dont try to ******* lie.
If you hook up with some random woman and you wake up in the morning and see an old toyota tercel in the backyard you are either making breakfast or running away.
If you wake up and see a 67 fastback mustang in the back yard you are for sure making breakfast.