The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PAIRA90S

Reaction score
I used a small pick to poke the hole; it's just fabric there so the pointed rod for the visor bracket went through no problem after. However, they just flop on the rod, aren't tight enough to hold any position. A careful attempt at crimping in the area the factory ones were, made no real difference. They're difficult to push over the rod, and you'd think they would stay in position, but they don't. I'm really unimpressed and pissed off about it, but maybe I'm just missing some trick to make them work.

Good to know the LMC ones are made by Acme (same as I just bought from Rock), which I assumed was likely, since there can't be too many companies making the same items.

Richard

PAIRA90S

Reaction score
I tried a couple youtube tricks, tape on the rod, zip ties to fill the gap. Tried crimping too. Found out the visors are like a fiber board with a c-channel stapled to it. This is all under the fabric & padding. Its a squared off channel, not an actual "C" shape. Used a center punch to put dimples in the metal channel but unfortunately also left pin holes in the cloth cover. Kinda bummed.. So thats slightly visible right at the mount when they're down but they stay up. I think it its a good idea but needs better execution than I did