The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trio

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@0xDEADBEEF if you have a steamer it also works great for removing stains from carpet. And your extractor did a great job on it already!

I recommend Folex for tough stains. For regular cleaning I use P&S’s 3-step process.

Link

1 - carpet bomber for cleaning and removing light stains
2 - terminator for removing tough stains, also has enzymes in it to assist with cleaning
3 - finisher to neutralize anything that’s left.

The whole kit is about $30 without shipping.

Agreed. And you know that center console comes out easy by removing four bolts in the bottom of the cubbys under the lids. Makes deep cleaning a lot easier.

On a side note, some people are just pigs. Why they use their vehicles as rolling trash cans is beyond me. Every time I buy one of these and clean it as the OP is doing, just shake my head...

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We haven't really started cleaning it yet because it's too dang hot right now. I just did a quick 20 minute clean while the seat was out because might as well ...
It looks really good already, I hope you didn’t take my post as nit-picking or pointing out errors.

This carpet cleans up real nice with not a ton of effort which is great. I used to detail on the side and all the late model stuff is a pain.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks really good already, I hope you didn’t take my post as nit-picking or pointing out errors.

This carpet cleans up real nice with not a ton of effort which is great. I used to detail on the side and all the late model stuff is a pain.

I didn't take it that way at all. I appreciate the tips because cleaning/detailing is definitely not my specialty!

One thing I found out is you don't want to use much liquid under the driver's seat because it sets off the airbag light on the dash, but it went away after it dried out.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I soaked mine pretty good by accident once. Left the windows down by mistake and it poured all morning and I didn’t catch it. I have vinyl flooring but ended up removing everything and gave it all a deep clean. I used baking soda on my seats to draw some moisture and smell out after extracting them. I’ll never make that mistake again.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty oily down here. The front of the motor is oily. The bottom is oily. You can see where it's coked onto the exhaust, so it's been burning off oil for a while.

I'm not as knowledgeable about the old SBC, but to me it looks like the front seal and/or the oil filter housing. I might be just wishing that because I don't want to pull the trans, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and do all new seals/gaskets.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty oily down here. The front of the motor is oily. The bottom is oily. You can see where it's coked onto the exhaust, so it's been burning off oil for a while.

I'm not as knowledgeable about the old SBC, but to me it looks like the front seal and/or the oil filter housing. I might be just wishing that because I don't want to pull the trans, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and do all new seals/gaskets.

How did you get photos of my ‘94?? Mine looks the exact same - but worse. I’m yanking mine out at the end of September.