Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good..... any idea on the weight savings?
Hopefully they fit good for ya. But I'm sure some fiberglass itch is in your future! Lol
Well, I didn't put it on scales, but if I had to guess, I'd say the new bumper weighs approximately 4-6 lbs. I'm not sure what the OEM bumper weighs, but there's a significant difference!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You probably mentioned this earlier but I missed it, what grille is that? It's rare (almost unheard of) to find an aftermarket one with the trim that goes all the way around the bowtie emblem like the OEM grilles. Most are missing the top and bottom outline.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably mentioned this earlier but I missed it, what grille is that? It's rare (almost unheard of) to find an aftermarket one with the trim that goes all the way around the bowtie emblem like the OEM grilles. Most are missing the top and bottom outline.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DNA Motoring GRLDM-C1088-BK.

Interesting that the Amazon pictures advertise it as being de-badged but it isn't. I wonder if that's deliberate on their part to avoid getting the attention of GM regarding the complete bowtie outline...

Looks good either way, good find!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If
DNA Motoring GRLDM-C1088-BK.

Interesting that the Amazon pictures advertise it as being de-badged but it isn't. I wonder if that's deliberate on their part to avoid getting the attention of GM regarding the complete bowtie outline...

Looks good either way, good find!
If you, or anybody following along, knows where to get a quality red bowtie for that grill, I would be grateful for that information. That seems like there would be a ton of cheap knockoffs of that!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If

If you, or anybody following along, knows where to get a quality red bowtie for that grill, I would be grateful for that information. That seems like there would be a ton of cheap knockoffs of that!

GM part number for the '94+ Sport bowtie is 12543000. Looks like they might be in the process of being discontinued, they're out of stock at a lot of my usual sources. If you want one I'd grab it ASAP.

There's a listing on eBay that has them for around $63 shipped...

www.ebay.com/itm/273752915971

EDIT - A couple of the the reviews on that listing mention that they come in the original GM packaging, they're probably legit.

Last edited: