TBI/Intake manifold questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingRaider76

Reaction score
Hey I have a 91 K2500 5.7L 350 I can no longer use the stock intake manifold and I can't find an exact replacement. Can I use the 2-barrel TBI with the oval or square opening manifolds with the same bolt pattern?

Last edited:

KingRaider76

Reaction score
Heads different? You can get a carb intake and then buy a TBI adapter.
Heads different? You can get a carb intake and then buy a TBI adap

A bit more information needed to get this thing figured out.
Help us help you. Lol
The intake manifold in my truck is a 2-barrel TBI. TBI is installed and functional. I have no choice but to replace the manifold. I'm looking for the simplest way to get my truck fixed. Any other questions I need to answer?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The intake manifold in my truck is a 2-barrel TBI. TBI is installed and functional. I have no choice but to replace the manifold. I'm looking for the simplest way to get my truck fixed. Any other questions I need to answer?
I think the "why" is what we are looking for.
Did your stock one crack, warp or something? It would be unusual for anything to happen to a stock TBI manifold.
None of us are being a-holes, genuinely want to help.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The housing for a connector for a heater hose is stripped out and can't be rethreaded
Well that's something. Never heard of that before.
Do you have any wrecking yards in your area that you can pull one from?
I know the yards around here have access to all the others and can get what you want/need. I'm sure there's a ton available to those with that system.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it's got buggered threads. Next size pipe tap. Install bushing , to next size down. Then add new hose fitting and hose , clamp . Done.
There's a wide variety of hardware for hose attachment.
You must be registered for see images attach