Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I may be interested in those bed rail covers.... Rawhide has a set on him(came with him just like the brush guard and freeflow tailgate). The ones on the truck are dirty and have some extra holes where someone "attached" them with very rusty screws, when the sticky foam started coming loose. But I could do with an extra set in case these are too far gone to restick....
You're more than welcome to them. Just do keep in mind they've got a few holes drilled in the top up front near the cab. They're not bad at all though, and overall very straight and undamaged. There's no tape or even residue from tape on these; they were just held on with 3 bolts each through the inside rail. If you want them just let me know; I'll set them aside.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You're more than welcome to them. Just do keep in mind they've got a few holes drilled in the top up front near the cab. They're not bad at all though, and overall very straight and undamaged. There's no tape or even residue from tape on these; they were just held on with 3 bolts each through the inside rail. If you want them just let me know; I'll set them aside.

Richard
Yes I do want them, if you can hold onto them for me I definitely appreciate it! We'll have to set a time for me to pick them up; we'll discuss that later. Thanks again!

someotherguy

Reaction score
Round 1 on the A/C repair: system is R12 and compressor is broken, system leaking, just gonna convert it all over to R134a with new parts spec'd for a '94. New compressor, pressure switches, accumulator, evaporator, condenser, orifice tube, suction/discharge line, liquid line, seals, oil, belt, and a new actuator motor for the recirculate door.
You must be registered for see images attach

Start with tearing everything out. Grille, filler strip, air deflector shield, hood release and horn bracket, aux fan, to get the condenser disconnected and out.

Next the belt, suction/discharge line, compressor, accumulator, and liquid line.

Then we move inside the cab because the HVAC box behind the dash has to come out to swap the evaporator (and clean the whole box out.) Dash is destroyed; once the cheesy cover comes off you see there's hardly any top left to it.

Richard

someotherguy

Reaction score
Drop the steering column (noticed the hydroboost is leaking, because why wouldn't it be?) and start taking parts out so the dash can swivel down and out. Bezel, cluster, A/C controls, radio, etc. It's shattering into even more pieces just as I work on it.

Once the wiring harness and ducts are separated from behind it, lift what's left of this busted dash out.

Then onto disconnecting harnesses and ECM from on top of the HVAC box in prep to remove it.

Not quite ready to pull the box as I want to pick up a connector to short the heater hoses together so I don't have to entirely drain the system; I'll grab that tomorrow. Started re-assembling what I could with the new parts. Condenser in, compressor and lines mocked up, fan and brackets back on. So far the big gotcha I've run into is the suction/discharge line gets right in the way of one of the compressor bolts. Gonna have to think about how to solve that. Not sure if trying to bend the tube is gonna be enough to clear it, and seems risky.

Oh, and I gotta swing by the amazon locker to pick up my bottle of Nylog Blue before I actually start hooking anything up.

Richard

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Wow! Just Wow! An unbelievable amount of work!! I'm sitting here trying to imagine what you're going through and all the work you're doing.I would imagine there have been a few frustrating moments involved.You're on the downhill side and in the end it will all be worth it.I commend you for tackling this endeavor :waytogo:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've already got a good used one to install, so that was already part of this entire process as well. The dash that was in it was guaranteed not to survive removal.

Richard
Oh…good, sorry if you’d mentioned that earlier and I must’ve forgotten.