Sway bar link help 94 k3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you tightened the sway bar bushings - the vehicle was on the ground and torqued to spec? Shocks aren’t stuck in the extended position? Could be sway bar is getting weak on one side so the amount of adjustment to each side will be different. That’s typical for an older vehicle.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can’t figure it out have the alignment shop make the adjustments. It will need an alignment either way after making adjustments. Careful driving it to the shop as steering and braking may also be quite different.

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you tightened the sway bar bushings - the vehicle was on the ground and torqued to spec? Shocks aren’t stuck in the extended position? Could be sway bar is getting weak on one side so the amount of adjustment to each side will be different. That’s typical for an older vehicle.
No not torqued to spec and was in air, gonna reset it with truck on ground. Also, sway bar could def be shot. When I got the truck the sway bar on passenger side wasn't on the truck (frame had rot in that area and bracket was ripped off) I repaired that and reconnected.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

chris032188

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy made a good point that I should probably check the cab mounts and make sure one of them isn't rusted out. I'm going to do that next time I'm hom v

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cab mounts do not affect ride height PROVIDED you are measuring ride-height the way GM intended. ("Z-height")

Most folks don't measure properly, and are rewarded with all sorts of bad information. Then they chase their tails trying to "fix" stuff that wasn't wrong to begin with.

The GM procedure is in the service manual set for your vehicle, that you should download from the links in the Sticky thread section of the Engine forum.