Suppose this is hello from Washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
G'day from way down south. That's a real nice looking truck. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes on your forest camping trip. Post lots of pics, we are all serious truck voyeurs here. ;)
Thank ya kindly! Pumped to have a forest rig again. I'll make sure to get plenty of pictures of her out in the wild :) Gonna go check out a couple lakes off a forest service road.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Planning on moving to Washington within the next two years. How does your state react to older vehicles and emissions requirements?
Believe it or not. Washington State no longer has emissions testing.
Back in the 1980s when that law was passed it had a " Sunset Clause"
So when the enforcement met certain emissions goals those rules would expire.
And, to the shock of pretty much everybody.
They did.
There is no emissions testing in washington anymore.
What they will do is whack the hell out of you if you try to register an out of state vehicle that has been titled in your name for less than 90 days.
Because Oregon doesnt have a sales tax they just do it for every state.
About 20 years ago I bought a 90 F-150 in Colorado and 3 weeks after I got my Colorado title I drove it back to Washington and the title/registration was about 700 bucks.
What I should have done is kept my Colorado drivers license and my Colorado plates untill they expired.
And just in general for all of you folks.
If you are driving in southern Washington with Oregon plates they will pull you over.
Especially if you are towing a brand new tax free boat with ten big screen tvs in it and you have a Washington license.