stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1989_GMC-2500-RCSB.jpg
    1989_GMC-2500-RCSB.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few times this summer I’ve been buzzed by wasps in my driveway. Didn’t think too much of it until yesterday when I saw this. It’s at least 14” tall, maybe more:
You must be registered for see images attach

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few times this summer I’ve been buzzed by wasps in my driveway. Didn’t think too much of it until yesterday when I saw this. It’s at least 14” tall, maybe more:
You must be registered for see images attach
White faced hornets... or bald-faced hornets in some parts. I have two nests every year... I wouldn't mess with it if it's too high. Sometimes they build them lower and we can get to it, but I've only had to spray one once when it would droop near truck height over the driveway after a rain. Normally, I just put a big flag marker near/under it and avoid, avoid, avoid.

edit: look for it every year from now on, especially low in shrubs and hedges. Mark it, or spray it (after dark). A little pruning or trimming job can turn into hell on earth in a split second. The queen will almost always rebuild somewhere nearby.

edit 2: if you get to save a nest after they go dormant (they don't winter in them), you can hang them under an eave or porch, and, voila, no more bugs at the lights anymore

Last edited: