[Solved] Hvac fan not turning on at all (1995 chevrolet k2500 7.4 tbi)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna just splice together the wires with a butt crimp and wrap them in electrical tape and call it good.
You must be registered for see images attach

At the minimum, use these.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L29DLGN/

Yes, you can use a multimeter instead of a test light, but a test light is often faster for simple troubleshooting because you don't have to take your eyes off your work.

I meant to test across the plug, not the fan.

Cuckfield

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

At the minimum, use these.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L29DLGN/

Yes, you can use a multimeter instead of a test light, but a test light is often faster for simple troubleshooting because you don't have to take your eyes off your work.

I meant to test across the plug, not the fan.
I meant these. Sorry, I don't know the terminology. Apparently these heat shrink ones with adhesive in them are not what are commonly referred to as "butt crimps"
But these are what I'm gonna use. Thanks a lot for the advice and help.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Butt connectors" usually refer to the cheapskate unsealed crimps. I've only heard to good ones referred to as "heat shrink butt connectors", which is a lot to type. Maybe we can call them "HSBCs" without people thinking we're talking about a bank?