Serious clutch problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheeserdoofle

Reaction score
Been working on a 1988 K1500 for a few months now. It's got a 6.0 LQ4 from an 01 Silverado. NV4500 5 speed. I used the Sachs NFW1050 flywheel, SC70318 pressure plate, SD80323 clutch disk and SN1716SA throwout bearing. Everything installed fine, I used an alignment tool. First issue I had is the face of the throwout bearing never even made contact with the clutch fingers at full pedal. I could reach my fingers in where the slave cylinder is supposed to push the clutch fork and I could physically move the clutch fork full travel in both directions without the bearing ever making contact with the clutch. I ditched the clutch fork setup and bought an 82876 throwout bearing. During this process I measured and shimmed the bearing until I had roughly 0.115" gap from the bearing to clutch. I cleaned the clutch master cylinder, installed a new clutch line as well. The new problem now is when we bleed the clutch, the pedal goes down about 90% without doing anything and then will not travel the final 10%, it's like the pedal is bottomed out. If I open the bleeder, we can get full travel out of the pedal again but as soon as the bleeder is shut, the pedal is limited. We ran into a similar problem with a previous S10 build, I can't figure this out.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score