Sensor Verification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats with the braces going to the torque converter cover? Doesnt seem like they would do much just going to that relatively thin cover? And they are a pain in the ass.
"Relatively thin cover"? The stamped-sheetmetal covers are thin. The 4WD covers are cast aluminum, and fairly heavy-duty.

Sensor on back of engine coming off a 90 degree fitting, oil pressure?

Truck is 94' Yukon, TBI.
it s/b a 3-wire sensor on a 94. One is for the gauge and 2 are for the Fuel Pump Relay bypass.
Not the ICM, im well aware of that damn thing.

Its coming out of the intake right next to where the distributor plugs into the top of the motor.
THAT should be the 3-wire oil pressure sending unit/fuel pump relay bypass as described above.

It does not come out of the intake manifold. It comes out of the BLOCK, immediately behind the intake manifold.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, im an idiot, I was looking at a picture I took of the sensor to ask my mechanic buddy. Now that im home, I looked at it and realized that Its actually the heater hose. Its rusty, so in the picture it looks like yellowed plastic. lol, i just took that off last weekend.
You must be registered for see images attach

On a side note, I came across a thread on here talking about motor mounts, did you ever find quality replacement motor mounts Schurkey? The ones ive found locally dont inspire confidence.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across a thread on here talking about motor mounts, did you ever find quality replacement motor mounts Schurkey? The ones ive found locally dont inspire confidence.
I put my ~300K mounts right back in, 'cause I couldn't find anything I trusted. That was about five years ago. I expect things are even worse now.