SBC Oil Filter Adapter Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glock20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threw one from the junkyard on boom no more flooding out. It still leaks when it's not running but it's very few drips. I'll get back in there someday but I'm happy with it for rn. Whoo!
What's the chances the new adapter is identical to the old one and just happened to get the o ring in the right spot this time? I'd get a new one ring and try again if it's actually the filter adapter leaking and not the oil lines

tuffy331

Reaction score
It's not the oil cooler lines. When you turn it off and lay down under the truck, you can see the oil seep out between the block and the Adapter. Wish you were here I'd let you have a go lol

tuffy331

Reaction score
Well ****. Not even a now drop if you didn't say anything I would've just rolled with it. Lmao
You must be registered for see images attach

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
In my old/'sold' '88 C2500 / 5.7..... I had the same problem.... Factory warranty fix.....
The oil filter adapter was NOT the problem.....
THE OIL FILTER MOUNTING SURFACE ON THE BLOCK WAS NOT MACHINED smooth....( it was missed during the block preparation ) They machined it at the dealer. Oil leak solved.