Rough Country Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the looks of the
Photos I've Shown One would assume the points I placed the finder is accurate , No I don't have the drive shaft out , No I didn't place the tool at the end directly on the (machined) edge of the yoke where the caps seat.. . But it's read from a flat spot on the yoke that angles the same way the tool is a 2"x2" squared reader so it fits spots , unless I absolutely have to remove drive shaft

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed - It - For - You

These are the calculations I get if I put in the values that I find . Only change I make in the calculations on both photos is slope up and slope down on the driveshaft.. nothing states wether the drive shaft is a slope up or down it could be either I assume ? None of it makes sense

You must be registered for see images attach

8.70° slop upward

5.80° slope downward or upward?

5.00° slope downward

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only change I make in the calculations on both photos is slope up and slope down on the driveshaft.. nothing states wether the drive shaft is a slope up or down it could be either I assume ? None of it makes sense
So you can’t tell looking at your transmission and the shaft coming out of it whether it is sloping “UP or DOWN”? :Good or Bad:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Wont mention the forum but another individual brought this scenario to my attention that could very well be all the cause of Central vibration .. evidently lifted 1500s with blocks or any pickup /suv even tho it's never talked about within the lift companies that makes these parts , it could be suffering from this issue below yoke not being seated enough into the tailshaft .
Is this a thing ? When going any taller than a 2-3" lift block.

Never see any topics about this ever on here

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can’t tell looking at your transmission and the shaft coming out of it whether it is sloping “UP or DOWN”? :Good or Bad:
In his defense, the driveshaft can be both depending on perspective. It slopes down from tranny but up from the axle. The driven angle is measured as an up, not a down as it would be if measurements were only done in a front to back orientation. It is not specified in the written instructions, but the dude in the included video in your link does say the driveshaft is a down slope. But it was a legit question, in my opinion of course. I think the yoke seating/driveshaft length question is also a legit question. Don't know/care about the other stuff. 2¢