Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
The sleeves are aluminum, they wont weld in, but are supposed to crush. Person could just weld the brackets in though. The sleeves in the shocks should not be at 66ft lbs. That is way too much by a lot.

The hardware they give does suck.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The sleeves are aluminum, they wont weld in, but are supposed to crush. Person could just weld the brackets in though. The sleeves in the shocks should not be at 66ft lbs. That is way too much by a lot.

The hardware they give does suck.
Yeah I was expecting the same thing, that they would crush and shorten, but the didn't. I ended up changing out the shock sleeves with the stock shock sleeves and retorqued.

Also, you don't have to break your brake lines.

I removed the hose mounting clips and broke loose the brake hose bracket bolts and gingerly cut the bracket with my angle grinder, being very careful not to score the brake lines. Then I used a large socket to bend the lines to where I wanted them. I hate bleeding brakes so I found a way. I then installed the new bracket and secured with the old clips because the ones they provided were loosey goosey.

Has anyone installed the steering stabilizer afterward? I have it, but haven't done it yet. Is it a bear?

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the steering stabilizer afterward? I have it, but haven't done it yet. Is it a bear?

I recently bought and installed the stabilizer. It made a big difference. I just got the cheaper V1 or whatever it was though.

Its not hard to install, but you'll probably find out as I did, that the A arm bolts aren't that long. The factory, or the crap from RC, and you will probably have to track down a special bolt, or order one.

I kept the factory bolts in the A arms, and used the RC hardware, to mount the drop. The factory washers have a lip that goes to the inside, and it also ends up being the correct thickness to space the stabilizer bracket.

The bolt you will need is an M16, and 130mm long works. In other words M16-130. I ordered a grade 12.9, and it wasn't really cheap for one stupid bolt.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently bought and installed the stabilizer. It made a big difference. I just got the cheaper V1 or whatever it was though.

Its not hard to install, but you'll probably find out as I did, that the A arm bolts aren't that long. The factory, or the crap from RC, and you will probably have to track down a special bolt, or order one.

I kept the factory bolts in the A arms, and used the RC hardware, to mount the drop. The factory washers have a lip that goes to the inside, and it also ends up being the correct thickness to space the stabilizer bracket.

The bolt you will need is an M16, and 130mm long works. In other words M16-130. I ordered a grade 12.9, and it wasn't really cheap for one stupid bolt.
Copy ty brother. I will look into this weekend