replacing electronic window switch and reconnecting door speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi - I'm reaching out hopefully for some advice - I drive a 1998 K2500 with 258000 miles, but a well running engine that I've gone through. For the driver side door, I've replaced the inner and outer handles, and have had lots of trouble learning how to do all that, with the pushrods and clips and such, but I've learned a whole lot. Unfortunately in the process of trying to do all that, while trying to hold the window going up and down trying to fix stuff, I've disconnected and reconnected the window switch a gazillion times, and it never comes out easy, I still haven't figured out the proper way to disconnect and reconnect it, I just take a flathead screwdriver and force it out. At this point, the only thing that still works electronically is the window switch. The mirror and electronic door lock and unlock do not work, and I've sheared off the wires going to the door speaker, which I had installed new. I would like to replace all the electronic parts in this door because they're original, and they look about the same quality as toys. I'm looking at replacing all of them and looking for some guidance. It's a big learning curve but I have a shop and tools and I'm not completely stupid. I guess I'm just looking for a resource of some kind, or some advice on where to start, and any tips that you might throw my way. Thanks in advance for your time, this site has been extremely helpful, and saved my bacon more than once when I was replacing all the gaskets in the engine.

Sincerely,

Tommy,
Longview, WA