Rear sway bar bushings arrangement question. 98 dually cab and chassis.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big bird

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I have:
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the replacement parts:
You must be registered for see images attach

I have tried a little searching, including this forum, and haven't found a good picture or description of the washer and bushing arrangement. I may be searching poorly, due to exhaustion, as we are still loading the truck. The bushing sets I have are for a 4x4 3500 rear. Advance and O'Reilly didn't have 2wd in their system for this. Looks right, however.

Muffler guy pointed it out, may help keep this truck from sailing the high seas on the interstate.

Please excuse my ignorance.

A picture would be greatly appreciated!

big bird

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to reuse bolt and interference nut due to length of kit bolt. Used kit washers, bushings, and spacers. Applied red loctite. Tightened until I got some visible compression on the bushings. Installed driver side bushings backwards (rib on bushings fits holes in frame and sway bar, had them facing Belleville washers). Figure it isn't a big deal.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whomever shipped your parts to you had them stuck together in the wrong order. It's not rocket science. The washers go on the outside of the bushings, and your frame and swaybar go between the bushings in their respective places.

But it looks like you got it sorted correctly. Nice work!