Power to the HVAC Head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retmotor

Reaction score
So yesterday, there I was minding my own business, coming home from the hardware store, when I hopped in the truck and there was no power to the HVAC head. Thankfully it was only 112 degrees (it's been a cool summer this year).

Fuse you say? Nope.

I saw Schurkey's thread on the connector behind the glovebox taking a dump (my words, not his) so I will tear into that unless someone else has some brilliant insight. But not today as I'm getting ready to go to work.

I suspect a jealousy issue. I bought an abused and neglected Jeep Cherokee and I've been in the garage with that every night for almost three weeks.

Above referenced thread: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/hvac-control-head-in-dash-multiple-issues-mostly-fixed.63927/

edit: Wait... Is there a fuse to the dash I'm missing? I need to dig into this tonight. Sorry for a thread where I've not done my due diligence.

retmotor

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Found it behind the glove box. Bad pic, I know, but it's in the circled connector. I squeezed the wires just right and heard a relay click then I saw power to the head.