Picked up a 93’ 1500 first tbi truck nv4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Seems to be so nv4500 2wd 1500 chassis
Yep. Like I said, they're out there; here's a '94 GMC C1500 SLE extended cab shortbed I had with the NV4500 (MT8) from factory. Nicely equipped truck with a few other options you don't normally see on a C1500 pickup: tow hooks (V76) in the valance, and bumper guards (V27). Usually only see the tow hooks on a 4x4, and the bumper guards were typically a Suburban option.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Seems to be so nv4500 2wd 1500 chassis
Get a good clear picture of that label while you can, before it degrades any further. There's too many things you need to have those build/option codes for, to not have the information preserved.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yep. Like I said, they're out there; here's a '94 GMC C1500 SLE extended cab shortbed I had with the NV4500 (MT8) from factory. Nicely equipped truck with a few other options you don't normally see on a C1500 pickup: tow hooks (V76) in the valance, and bumper guards (V27). Usually only see the tow hooks on a 4x4, and the bumper guards were typically a Suburban option.

Richard
Minty fresh gray interior....dontcha wish you had that now? Would look great in Critter. This truck is about the same color?

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Minty fresh gray interior....dontcha wish you had that now? Would look great in Critter. This truck is about the same color?
Don't remind me.. I should've kept that truck. :(

And yeah, same color code and all - 9927, Dark Hunt Club Red Metallic - though the paint on the '94 is original; Critter has been re-sprayed, kinda poorly. and faded badly now.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Don't remind me.. I should've kept that truck. :(

And yeah, same color code and all - 9927, Dark Hunt Club Red Metallic - though the paint on the '94 is original; Critter has been re-sprayed, kinda poorly. and faded badly now.

Richard
Duallys and crew cabs usually got the snot run out of them back when these trucks were new, just like the squares. They were "work trucks" after all....
That's one reason why I jumped on the deal to get Rawhide. The paint needs help, and it's got some minor body damage, but the rest of the big fella is in great shape. Just gotta get the rest of the 28 year old original wear parts replaced. I'm thinking the CTS in the manifold and the O2 sensors are where my running rich is coming from. O2s threw codes periodically when we first got it, but nothing in the last year.
That GMC does look like Critter's little brother....

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Passenger side: PCV valve to TBI base
The original there but cracked I got one for 6$ yesterday ..

but the tbi riser is that like 1/2”-3/4” say like fuel line hose would work from the tbi riser to the valve cover ?
So the valve cover grommet itself need some type of plastic plumbing Valve or T to of some generic type ?
Drivers side: breather from valve cover to TBI Riser.
isn’t this stock a preformed plastic line ?
Or do people just use fuel injection hose ?
When I got it They had a 2nd pcv in place on driver rear valve cover because the oem grommet wasn’t there and it’s an aftermarket valve cover so the grommet size where it seals is prob not going to be local . That’s the issue just looking for a easy fix
Get a good clear picture of that label while you can, before it degrades any further. There's too many things you need to have those build/option codes for, to not have the information preserved.
Dually noted

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Passenger side: PCV valve to TBI base

but the tbi riser is that like 1/2”-3/4” say like fuel line hose would work from the tbi riser to the valve cover ?
So the valve cover grommet itself need some type of plastic plumbing Valve or T to of some generic type ?
When I got it They had a 2nd pcv in place on driver rear valve cover because the oem grommet wasn’t there and it’s an aftermarket valve cover so the grommet size where it seals is prob not going to be local . That’s the issue just looking for a easy fix
You can get the grommets at the parts store.
Passenger side: PCV valve to TBI base.
That is all resolved as of a few hour ago .

Needing to know what this might be , it looks like might be missing some type of vent or charcoal canister possibly ? For this line , and that’s just a guess … Runs down the frame rail as seen . Should I disregard it or are there a few proper or needed part missing for a tbi setup to run right or better with or without that . I am 99% sure they ousted the charcoal can all I have is this hardline in that area . I’d like to make it right if that is needed but I don’t even know what all is missing

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score

That is all resolved as of a few hour ago .

Needing to know what this might be , it looks like might be missing some type of vent or charcoal canister possibly ? For this line , and that’s just a guess … Runs down the frame rail as seen . Should I disregard it or are there a few proper or needed part missing for a tbi setup to run right or better with or without that . I am 99% sure they ousted the charcoal can all I have is this hardline in that area . I’d like to make it right if that is needed but I don’t even know what all is missing

Yes I think that is the return line for the vapor canister, that gets vapor from the fuel tank. The end looks like what's on my crew cab; I have to plug it back in periodically.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems after reading on a few topics here I’m missing some components mainly a canister . I don’t think this 93 used a purge valve or anything. There are no evident plugs just the vent line .
Would all I need is just a new canister and mount/bracket
Does that hardline press fit or use some kind of a clip