Picked up a 93’ 1500 first tbi truck nv4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We picked up a Tennessee c1500 93’ survivor..
Strange though it 99% appears to have a nv4500 I about fell over when I figured that out . It has the L - 1-2-3 and 4 circled. Which must just be an 4th gear as OD . After driving it which it drives excellent.. it’s interesting how they seem to be geared and the heavier clutch pedal feel over a nv3500 or 1500.

A cool truck gonna do something with it always wanted a stick manual to build on a 350 tbi but it’s a heavy feel for sure

Was that even an option to order on a 1500 2wd ext cab 5.7 ? , possible that it was a 3500-4500 swap to.

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just backed it in at midnight from picking it up 4 hour drive and hadn’t gone through a ton, besides assuming it was a nv3500 . Usually that’s what was standard in the manual 1500s .
Today is the big dive into what’s what and seeing what I need to do . I’ll check out the tag but I could tell from the side of the trans last night is a 4500.

It’s a good thing I suppose, good score for me , they’re much better , but I assume much more involved in repairs and cost if they need work

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks only real needs as is see so far is the ps pump the ps pump leaks .. already on top of the fix . Ran across some issues I found in the engine bay mostly just with the pcv tube and aftermarket valve cover grommets missing , I’m not real keen on the tbi design
Looks like I may need a rubber tube to run from the tbi hat to the valve cover . They had ran two pcvs because apparently a stock grommet’ plug is missing any idea where I can find that grommet for these covers
It was a Tennessee rig job but mostly looks like the grommet is missing the factory pcv is on the passenger side front valve cover as it should be

This tube or hose is missing it was ran wrong as a second pcv taped up
So like to utilize the correct parts from A-B .. need a grommet I suppose or whatever is supposed to run there

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The grommet missing on driver is like this one on passenger are these able to be found generically anywhere ? Or does that tube need hose and port to go in to that cover

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not check the SPID label in your glovebox (if it's still legible) - you'll be looking for MT8. That would answer if it is original to the truck or not. A 1500 could absolutely be ordered with the NV4500, just wasn't a common choice.

Richard

Seems to be so nv4500 2wd 1500 chassis