OBS Relay Center Terminals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I pulled up a 96 manual from our forum, and the fuse box in the manual does appear the same as the one in the photograph.

You must be registered for see images attach

Great info on how to lookup the terminals vs the fuse block part number.

But if I'm following the OP's question, he is wanting to add a relay to the Underhood Fuse Block
in his '95 C1500. However, in replies #4 & #5 this is the diagram for the Instrument Panel ("I/P")
fuse block.

Here's the Underhood Fuse Block per the '95 Wiring Manual:

You must be registered for see images attach

(Note: The unused relay position is documented elsewhere to be used for the electric AIR motor used on CA emissions 454s.)

* I've attached a photo of my Underhood Fuse Relay block in my '99 C2500 for visual reference.
* I also attached a highlighted alpha-numeric grid for the Underhood Fuse Relay block. Note
the typical engineering documentation practice where the letters "I", "O" & "Q" are not used on the alpha side
in order to avoid confusion with numeric ones & zeros. Also the columns A-L read left to right -- they cover
the relays & small fuses. But then the columns M-R read from right to left? And these cover the maxi-fuses?

At first it's a bit of a visual hodge-podge, but after cross-checking this with the power distribution wiring diagrams
it did confirm that this is correct.

Let us know if all of your questions have been answered. I like your idea of adding in the fan relay to the
Underhood Fuse Rellay block. I've always preferred a factory look.

Best of luck --

Attachments

• Beauty shot of fuse block with legend (opt).jpg
    Beauty shot of fuse block with legend (opt).jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 4
  • '95+ Underhood Fuse Block alphanumeric detailed engineering drawing (opt).jpg
    '95+ Underhood Fuse Block alphanumeric detailed engineering drawing (opt).jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 4