New from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Direwolf

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Been lurking a while, so finally set up an account a few weeks ago and started my research. I picked up a 1990 K1500, 4x4 last month. It's in ok shape, but needs some work.
Intentions for the truck are for my shop use. I pick up steel quite often, so this isn't going to be a resto...just want it to be reliable and able to get me anywhere.

She had a rough paper route, 260k on the clock. previous owner put a motor in it 150k ago, trans was "rebuilt" 30k ago, and some various brake and suspension work. Has a lift on it, but haven't measured it myself yet.

She ran well enough, even with the exhaust leak that I can hear, but earlier this week she started stalling. Replaced the Fuel filter first and now have the TBI down to components, sitting in Pine Sol in my Ultrasonic cleaner.

Anyway, Good to meet you all, hope to make a few friends!

Rich, Dire Wolf Forge

GrimsterGMC

Thunder from "Down Under"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from New Zealand, mines a work truck as well so I know about the balance between keeping it nice but still being practical for work. I am always picking up sheets of metal or dropping off finished products. Put some pictures up so we can see what you are working with.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Keep the old truck going. It can be a challenge at times, but YOU can fix these trucks! Where in PA are you located? Pics are always appreciated.