Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobra

Reaction score
Trying to chase this issue for the passenger front and driver rear windows on my 96 Yukon SLE 4Door. None of them are getting signal power. The power locks work. When I try to use the master switch, it sends out voltage to the signal wires but they still don’t go up or down. I’ve tried checking the window motor to see if it still works by manually supply power to them and sure enough they work. All the switches had been replaced, checked all the fuses and wiring, although I might be missing something from the doors that are inoperative. When I bought the truck none of the windows worked, I got them all to work before then these two windows decided to not work out of nowhere. Also weirdly enough, the moment I plug the switch in for the passenger front, the power door lock is illuminated, while the driver door’s isn’t, is this normal? Any help or ideas?
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The switches have internal illumination. Although they age and eventually bulbs need to be replaced. There are some u tube vids on switch bulb service. Are you using the factory service manual it has an excellent diagnostic flow chart to narrow down the broken wire, ground , intermittent switch. With the wire diagrams and chart, and the locations of all splices, grounds , etc. in a sticky above in engines thread , search Factory service manuals for thread and link to free PDF of your year. Get all books for your year. Chapter 8 electrical .

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go here and go to post #84 download book 2, Pages 2091 and 2092 show you the wiring diagram. Notice all those windows get their ground through the master controller, except the light ground. Hope this helps to trace out your problem.