Pops and bangs please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
Just trying some stupid mods out, dont take this too seriously… Got a 94 gmc 1500 5.7. Trying to make the exhaust pop and all that. Ive looked into “tuning” and i am a dummy when it comes to stuff like that so not really my territory. I am pretty sure the reason exhaust makes these popping noises is the presence of unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust. So i thought well i could just upgrade to a more powerful fuel pump which should make the truck run rich. Then install some sort of fuel pressure regulator where i could limit the fuel back to a stable pressure when i want. Right?

NYDeer

Reaction score
Running rich with headers will do it, my cutlass would pop a bit. You may find more info on a street racer, BMW, or import forum though. My neighborhood had a bunch of these kids racing about. Go look on YouTube.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably shouldn't try any of your ideas. Your complete misunderstanding of fuel mixture operation and control as it relates to ignition, ignition timing. Your plan would most likely result in snap, crackle, pop, as your truck burns to ground.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's done in the tune on later model stuff, might as well give up that idea on OBD I

Your looking for a "pop and crackle" tune like they do to imports?