NEED PCM CODE BHMX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi I have a 1994 Silverado 5.7 and I need a prom chip code BHMX. The problem is I can’t find it anywhere I’ve been looking and I can’t find it can anybody help me find one or sell me one.Thanxs

Attachments

• IMG_2763.png
    IMG_2763.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2298.jpeg
    IMG_2298.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 4

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can buy one there ??the link doesn’t work brother

You download the binary file and then "burn" it into a an EPROM / ROM. That's how it works.

Then you need to mount the EPROM / ROM in a carrier that plugs into the ECU, like this one pictured:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's how I do it anyway.

The EPROM / ROM plugs into the socket on the left side of the picture.

And your old MEMCAL plugs into that bank of pins on the right side of the picture.

Easy-peasy.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
You download the binary file and then "burn" it into a an EPROM / ROM. That's how it works.

Then you need to mount the EPROM / ROM in a carrier that plugs into the ECU, like this one pictured:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's how I do it anyway.

The EPROM / ROM plugs into the socket on the left side of the picture.

And your old MEMCAL plugs into that bank of pins on the right side of the picture.

Easy-peasy.
Ok where do I get a Carrier at??

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
BoostedNW might get them back in stock at some point. You need this: G1 adapter. OBD1 stuff is getting harder to find since Moates went out of business. Alternatively you can solder a 27FS512 chip in place of the original ROM inside your memcal but that is not especially easy unless you are good at soldering. 27FS512s are getting very scarce nowadays since they've been out of production for years so if you have no intention of burning the chip multiple times you can use a EPROM. Then you can burn the chip on a chip burner like my XGecu T48 and a memcal adapter to burn the chip. Finding an original memcal from a 94 or 95 truck from the junkyard might be easier!