NEED PCM CODE BHMX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
BoostedNW might get them back in stock at some point. You need this: G1 adapter. OBD1 stuff is getting harder to find since Moates went out of business. Alternatively you can solder a 27FS512 chip in place of the original ROM inside your memcal but that is not especially easy unless you are good at soldering. 27FS512s are getting very scarce nowadays since they've been out of production for years so if you have no intention of burning the chip multiple times you can use a EPROM. Then you can burn the chip on a chip burner like my XGecu T48 and a memcal adapter to burn the chip. Finding an original memcal from a 94 or 95 truck from the junkyard might be easier!
What about them jet performance chips??

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 1994 Silverado 5.7 and I need a prom chip code BHMX. The problem is I can’t find it anywhere I’ve been looking and I can’t find it can anybody help me find one or sell me one.Thanxs

Hate to say this but…

Tell us what you’re trying to do and maybe someone will suggest a viable alternative.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 1994 Silverado has a bad prom/pcm and I’ve look everywhere for one with code BHMX and I can’t find one

So you already HAVE this MEMCAL (?) but you believe it has failed.

Please explain how you determined that it needs replacing. Yes, I’m serious.

Reaction score
Well when I purchased the truck she was shutting off randomly and having bad performance and I took her to the mechanic and he replaced EGR SPARK PLUGS ECT but when the inside of the truck gets hot she runs like ****. Mechanic suggested it was the pcm

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it was superseded at some point, but not that I can see. go to a yard and look for your vehicle and snatch one..

Attachments

• BHMX.jpg
    BHMX.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 8

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when I purchased the truck she was shutting off randomly and having bad performance and I took her to the mechanic and he replaced EGR SPARK PLUGS ECT but when the inside of the truck gets hot she runs like ****. Mechanic suggested it was the pcm

Oh boy.

You might try a different ECU, they're readily available.

The MEMCAL is a pretty simple device, I doubt that's your problem.

And from what you've said about the mechanic's conclusion, I would say "Get another opinion".

In fact I'll give you my opinion: I think the problem's likely elsewhere.

Here's another truck that shuts of randomly, in a current thread; give it a read and you'll see how easily one can become confused:

Last edited: