Need Opinions - Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possibly to probably; I'd also think you would have other symptoms related to your engine management sensors, switches and sending units as well. Perhaps fuel injection/pressure concerns...So yes, I'd replace the terminal(s) if one or both are not in serviceable condition.
The battery threads we're stripped. The truck used side post terminals. It has randomly shut over speed bumps in the past. So I replaced the whole battery. I'll update in a week or two. To wether or not the issue returns.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so it's been more than a month. And I believe my issue is finally solved. The harsh shifting after highway driving that would come and go. And the random shutting off. Was all, related to the stripped battery terminals on the side post style battery. Just in case anyone has whoever sees this post, dealing with the same issue. Wants to know what the issue ending up being.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it's been more than a month. And I believe my issue is finally solved. The harsh shifting after highway driving that would come and go. And the random shutting off. Was all, related to the stripped battery terminals on the side post style battery. Just in case anyone has whoever sees this post, dealing with the same issue. Wants to know what the issue ending up being.
Good job diagnosing and fixing the problem. Thanks for the follow up- will add to my list of causes for trans shift concerns.