My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Inner fenders getting done

Wire brushing the springs took a lot of technique but it’s done. I’m thinking about how doing these are gonna work because they’ll probably get scratched up pretty good going back in. No worries though, it doesn’t have to be perfect. I just want it to look good.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idler arm comes off really easy. Just take this into the three holes:

You’re latching onto the actual bolt heads in this through the frame

Latch onto these nuts on the engine side:

It’s a 3/4 or an 18. I used both because I only have one of each. I used no extensions. They’re just nuts, but they’re on there good so I used a breaker bar.

Yours should fall off at this point, I’m not sure if mine is original but it definitely could be. I say that because it didn’t fall off, the dirt and caked on stuff actually held it in place. I had to pull pretty hard to get it off.

Here’s everything:

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it seems I messed up. I expected the pitman arm to come with a nut and washer, so I selected no to receiving a new nut and washer with my steering box.

Well, it doesn’t have one. And I only have my old washer. The nut must have gotten lost somewhere while I was taking the pitman arm off of my steering box. So I’m not sure where to get a new nut and washer.