My A/C isn't working, I've replaced almost everything.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
So I'm in range on my low side, but the high side is really high with components being brand new, including orifice tube at condenser. The only thing not replaced is the Evaporator.
So update on my AC issue. Since i have replaced everything i started digging. Put the gauges back on Pulled a vacuum held for 10 min. Confused i went inside sat on the throne to have a good hard thinking issue....lol
Walked back out to the truck looked at gauges and boom. they went up. I had UV leak from where i last added oil in the new system so i went to work. Nothing couldnt find a drop.
So i started to dig some more and i mean dig, boys i did. Attached is where i found the issue.
Top side of the evorator had a leak where it could not be seen. So from the dryer to evaporator behind the connection point on the evaportaor side. Green Uv leak splatter. had to did insulation away to find it so i went ahead and yanked the evaporator out (Pain) and ordered, along with a new dryer, and botttom hose to condenser cause i just chopped it with a saw. It was a pain to mess with.
Hope this helps the rest of you!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240719_163505_946.jpg
    IMG_20240719_163505_946.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240719_183237.jpg
    20240719_183237.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 8