My 93 RCSB build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dam.... well are those 2 bolts really needed? im not sure of difference between the 1 piece brackets and 2piece brackets. ive never removed a 1piece bracket.
i think one is the bottom bracket bolt and the other is a extra bracket for the power steering pump. and ive seen plenty of trucks out in the junkyard that didnt have the extra power steering pump bracket bolted on them. but that bottom bolt im not sure about.
but before ya get to bent outta shape get some bolt extractors and try to get those broken bolts out! who knows they might come out without to much trouble... FINGERS CROSSED.
also side note IMO while the water pump is out just go ahead and get a brand new one and paint it. i never reuse water pumps! if they come off the motor THEY DONT GO BACK ON! its just cheap insurance and why not! brand new steel always looks better painted ;)

and another.... i wouldnt hassle with the dampener. just clean and spray it black and while its in the open go ahead and paint the timing mark after you spray the black just so its either to check timing later on if ya got alittle yellow paint laying around or a chalk marker.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
F that 1 piece bracket !

Word sahn!

dam.... well are those 2 bolts really needed? im not sure of difference between the 1 piece brackets and 2piece brackets. ive never removed a 1piece bracket.
i think one is the bottom bracket bolt and the other is a extra bracket for the power steering pump. and ive seen plenty of trucks out in the junkyard that didnt have the extra power steering pump bracket bolted on them. but that bottom bolt im not sure about.
but before ya get to bent outta shape get some bolt extractors and try to get those broken bolts out! who knows they might come out without to much trouble... FINGERS CROSSED.
also side note IMO while the water pump is out just go ahead and get a brand new one and paint it. i never reuse water pumps! if they come off the motor THEY DONT GO BACK ON! its just cheap insurance and why not! brand new steel always looks better painted ;)

and another.... i wouldnt hassle with the dampener. just clean and spray it black and while its in the open go ahead and paint the timing mark after you spray the black just so its either to check timing later on if ya got alittle yellow paint laying around or a chalk marker.

I think atleast one of those bolts are necessary for the 2 piece bracket. I hosed em down with PB Blaster several times yesterday and this morning before I left work hopefully that will help in getting them out. I have to go to my storage and get my 90* dewalt so I can get in there with a reverse drill bit and I'm hoping that might just back it on it out. I was thinkin about just stabbing a new water pump on there and a thermostat just for good measure while its all apart.

beutiful truck

Thanks man.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Lookin good man, sucks about those bolts. Makes you wonder what retard gorilla torqued that bracket on there :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That suck's about the bolt's, and yeah I would go ahead and put on a water pump and thermostat while I was at it.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Well I got a lil done yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Went ahead and scooped up a new water pump and hit it with some gloss engine paint.

Put on a billet EGR delete plate. Thing runs better then ever now surprisingly.

I replaced all the nuts and bolts I could with grade 8 hardware for mounting the brackets. Part of the reason this swap was done was due to bolts loosening up and breaking so everything also got some red locktite as well.

I am gonna try to get the EDC mounted today and do some more engine clean up, re routing of wires, and get some better pictures.

I want to do the intake now but I have never pulled a distributor before so I am gonna have to get one of the former OBS Rydaz to come give me a hand with that one day.

Trill

Reaction score
Well I got a lil done yesterday.

Went ahead and scooped up a new water pump and hit it with some gloss engine paint.

Put on a billet EGR delete plate. Thing runs better then ever now surprisingly.

I replaced all the nuts and bolts I could with grade 8 hardware for mounting the brackets. Part of the reason this swap was done was due to bolts loosening up and breaking so everything also got some red locktite as well.

I am gonna try to get the EDC mounted today and do some more engine clean up, re routing of wires, and get some better pictures.

I want to do the intake now but I have never pulled a distributor before so I am gonna have to get one of the former OBS Rydaz to come give me a hand with that one day.

What is that egr block for?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the distributor isnt to bad. but i would check the timing on the motor first before messing with it that way you know exactly where its set at on the crank. it just makes it easier to be sure later just incase something is already off. just like any old school find #1 compression strokeand mark where the rotor button is facing and after marked just remove bolt and pull it out. just make sure when putting it back in it lines up and fully seated on the intake manifold before tightening that bolt and checking the timing and adjust if needed to get perfectly back to normal.