LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's good to know about the DOD not in the vans.
And a 4.3 swap would piss a lot of people off if I did it!!!! But 330hp is 120 more than I have now!!! Lol
But I'm sure it would severely lack some ooooomph down low where needed.
But turbos fix that I'm sure!!! Lol
For sure. I think the 8spd really helps them out. They move pretty good even in the heavy 8-lug 2500 vans though. That probably 7,000+ lbs of van it is moving. It would be a rocket is a S10 Blazer, S10 or G-body Malibu wagon.

That 8spd has shifted twice before my 4L85E/3.73 van ever hits the 1-2 shift.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure. I think the 8spd really helps them out. They move pretty good even in the heavy 8-lug 2500 vans though. That probably 7,000+ lbs of van it is moving. It would be a rocket is a S10 Blazer, S10 or G-body Malibu wagon.

That's pretty impressive!
I got to drive a 2024 Chevy crew cab 4x4 today, was told it had some little turbo'd 4 or 6 banger, it got up and went!!! Never popped the hood to see what's under there though.

Reaction score

This is my go to video series to share with people who ask the same questions you did.
He goes through a lot of stuff, especially the wiring.

Id like to think of you have done one beo, then it should be pretty easy.

Probably cheapest to find a full donor truck one would think.
Thanks for the video, exactly what i was looking for,
From a fellow Albertan!

macpeppers

Reaction score
thanks guys, lot of good info here to get started. to get a donor with reasonably low miles, i'm guessing i'll have to look for a later model truck/van. should i look for 4x4 and use everything or is it possible to use a 2x4 in front of my existing transfer case?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys, lot of good info here to get started. to get a donor with reasonably low miles, i'm guessing i'll have to look for a later model truck/van. should i look for 4x4 and use everything or is it possible to use a 2x4 in front of my existing transfer case?
Pretty sure you wanna get a 4x trans. I believe using a 2x you have to change the output shaft and some other stuff.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of ways you could go with it, I think I would get the entire drivetrain (motor, trans, tcase), harness, and computer from the donor (GMT800). But I haven't done a 4WD swap into one of these trucks.