Lower Control Arm 97 k3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebrogan05

Reaction score
Hey I’m new here and have a old 97 k3500 and I’ve done a almost full front end on it and then snapped my lower control arm around the ball joint so now I’m looking for lowers but I have trouble finding k3500 ones for 1997 I’ve only found ones listed as c3500 and then the savannah 3500 I want to know if I’m good to buy these and use them without modification or if I have to do modifications what’s the best lower control arm setup for this truck it’s a one ton long bed crew cab so shes heavy and I’m thinking of doing a flatbed so good suspension is a priority to me stock heights no lifts or lowers new parts only I’m I live in the salt belt so anything close is gonna be too damaged in my opinion

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you “snap” big hunk of steel.

Junkyard is really your only option. I used row52.com to search for 3500’s in junkyards in hopes it had forged arms, it worked and now i have a nice set of forged arms

Ebrogan05

Reaction score
I live in the Salt belt, plow truck, plus salt water from the 3 hurricanes it went to just had to heat around the ball joint to replace it anything can break that’s why I’m trying to find new ones

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve only found ones listed as c3500
2WD lower arms will NOT work on a 4WD. No place to plug the torsion bar in.

and then the savannah 3500
Again, gotta be 4WD. Beyond that, I don't know if the van suspension is interchangeable with the pickup suspension.

it’s a one ton long bed crew cab so shes heavy
So far as I know, all three types of lower control arms for GMT400 4WD are functionally interchangeable...but everyone want the fully-forged arm instead of the stamped arm/bolt-on ball joint or the forged-end welded to the partially-stamped arm.

Do you have fully-forged arms now, or one of the stamped versions?