Is Max & Recir same function - 93 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As noted. What is the difference between the two? Was it recir until 91 and then 92 swap to max just because ? Any “‘mechanical” difference. Mine currently has the max . But say i find one with recir instead. Does anything have to be repinned. Rewired, etc

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The heads with dedicated recirculation buttons are all wired the same. If you get one, it swaps right in. And if the replacement head doesn't work, just take the face off and swap the buttons themselves.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Maybe to get people to press it less for fuel economy? You dont need MAX mode if its only 80 outside but you could leave it in Recirc mode without thinking twice.

I wish cars still had 'Desert-only' mode

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish cars still had 'Desert-only' mode

1717766627973.png
What vehicle did that come from? I gotta get me one!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
AMC's

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
It looks like the Destert Only mode was for real. That setting runs the compressor 100% and it needs the hot dry desert air to keep the evaporator and condenser from freezing over.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I use the MAX mode frequently in the hot 95*+ , 98% humidity in S GA summers. I noticed when I use it, the display says recirculate or at least an abbreviation thereof. I assumed it was the same thing. I just figured with that much heat and humidity the system works a lot less using the cabin air than cooling the ambient air outside. I assume that good logic, right??

BTW: 1994 GMC Sierra K1500

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the MAX mode frequently in the hot 95*+ , 98% humidity in S GA summers. I noticed when I use it, the display says recirculate or at least an abbreviation thereof. I assumed it was the same thing. I just figured with that much heat and humidity the system works a lot less using the cabin air than cooling the ambient air outside. I assume that good logic, right??

BTW: 1994 GMC Sierra K1500
Yeah,I do the same for the same reasoning. Mine says RECIRC. If it gets too cold inside I turn the blower down and crack a window.