Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Nah. Just rent a balljoint tool. It ain't bad. The upper balljoints you have to grind off rivets and bolt the new ones on.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've done all this on the mustang, it was pretty straight forward. Autozone parts are cheap.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Anybody know where i can get a good, cheap toolbox for my truck. Would like it to be black and low profile but not flush with the bed. I like the low profile ones. Thanks!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody know where i can get a good, cheap toolbox for my truck. Would like it to be black and low profile but not flush with the bed. I like the low profile ones. Thanks!

If you're looking for a used one, I'd just suggest you keep and eye on craigslist.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well I dropped the 97 off for an alignment monday morning. Brought it to an independent shop that my buddy runs the service department in, Told them to align it and nothing else. We he called me tues and said his guy won't align it because it has a loose right inner tie rod, which I'm pretty sure was bs cause I checked everything. But I let them change it cause he only charged me $57 for the part and installation. So I got an alignment and 1 new inner tre for $130. Not horrible but I still hate the fact that someone else worked on my truck cause I really don't trust but a few other ppl I know to work on my vehicles. But I did look at everything. It is all tight and it goes straight down the road. Next on the list is new rear drums, setup the gears properly in the rearend, new toolbox and bed rail covers and I'm done... For a little while anyways.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Not much of an update but i did finally replace my brake drums and i checked the torque on all the lug nuts and its been a few weeks since i checked them and they are still torqued to what i put them at. So the 1/4 inch spacers aren't bothering me as much as they were.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Went through an automatic car wash and this happened.

You must be registered for see images attach

Guess I'll pull them off and seal them with silicone.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes pull them off an pull the bulbs dry them out with a hair dryer on low heat. Then seal them up with a bead of silicone on the edges. I had to do mine to. Also check the backs, mine had some kind of sticker over a vent hole that was messed up. I removed the sticker an silicone over the hole to. I left a small open spot on the bottom of the hole as a vent. No more moisture in mine yet......

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yeh the bad thing is i won't have time to do it till tomorrow. i hope they'll be ok... but i think the hole with the sticker over it is for strobe lights. if thats not what its for thats what I've seen it used for a lot!