Help, adding a fuel pump cutoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also ground your “tach” wire. Look next to your ignition coil and you will find a white wire with a black terminal, you can run a wire from that terminal to a hidden switch. When the switch it flipped it grounds the coil.
IDK, it looks like the ECM will still get Distributor Reference Pulses and fire the injectors, flooding the engine.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's much safer to put a switch that interrupts the starter as opposed to a switch that can go bad and kill your engine while you're in a construction zone or on a causeway with no shoulder.

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
I wish I could remember the name of the switch i had in my dodge. It was a gray computer chip thing that you had to plug in in order to start the truck.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of spade connectors and an inline fuse,. remove the ecu/ecm fuse (#11??) use a latching push button
Theives will likely tow the truck if the really want it,. or if its in a quiet location they'll break the column pin lock and bust the key tumbler out,. if it doesn't start they'll run the battery down and give up. jmho from experience.

Last edited: