Hello From Southern Brazil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to have you here!

I see you're quite inland, not near the coast. Did the rains earlier this year which caused flooding in Porto Alegre cause you any concerns?

You will find that the Brazil GMT400's Arteb headlights and taillights are of interest to some members here. Your comments would certainly be welcome in any of the Arteb threads (use the search feature for "Arteb").

What's interesting is the (South American) Brazil GMT400 doesn't share the same chassis and drivetrain(s) as the NA counterparts. From what I've been told, the SA GMT400 chassis was derived from the D20 platform, while the body and interior are mostly (completely?) NA derivatives. So the SA GMT400 looks a lot like our NA version but that's where similarities end.

Interestingly, the SA GMT400 has dual-piston front calipers while the NA version has single piston calipers. See the attached .pdf from the SA Chevrolet service manual.

Attachments

• Pages from Manual_Reparacoes_GM_Silverado_Vol_2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bem-vindo do Mississippi. Passei sete anos no Brasil trabalhando, de São Paulo ao Amapá, mas meu português provavelmente está muito enferrujado.

(And I probably spelled a lot of that wrong, as I left Brasil, and ended up in Angola, and even though they speak Portuguese too, a lot doesn’t correspond between the two)

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Daniel and I speak from the South of Brazil, After owning a 1992 Chevrolet D-20 for 5 years I now have a Chevrolet Silverado 97/98, Our version of the Chevrolet C1500, For some time now these pickup trucks that were forgotten ones became popular because someone discovered that the MWM Sprint 6.07 4.2L engine that originally develops 168 hp can easily reach 450 or 500 hp. Mine still has 100% original mechanical equipment and I'm working to make it as good as possible.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Welcome from the finger lakes region of upstate New York. I love the condition and especially the color of your truck.
And from here the Pride of Ownership is evident. Nice.

Like others have mentioned, it's great to see the enthusiasts from distant countries being the local GMT400 ambassadors.
In my humble opinion, these trucks were instant classics, and it's good to see their owners keeping them on the road
for all to enjoy.

Safe travels --

SrFiss

Reaction score
Welcome from the finger lakes region of upstate New York. I love the condition and especially the color of your truck.
And from here the Pride of Ownership is evident. Nice.

Like others have mentioned, it's great to see the enthusiasts from distant countries being the local GMT400 ambassadors.
In my humble opinion, these trucks were instant classics, and it's good to see their owners keeping them on the road
for all to enjoy.

Safe travels --
Thank you for your words, These pickup trucks are a worldwide passion, We are fighting to keep these beauties running for a long time, Especially around here where you rarely see any on the streets.

SrFiss

Reaction score
Great to have you here!

I see you're quite inland, not near the coast. Did the rains earlier this year which caused flooding in Porto Alegre cause you any concerns?

You will find that the Brazil GMT400's Arteb headlights and taillights are of interest to some members here. Your comments would certainly be welcome in any of the Arteb threads (use the search feature for "Arteb").

What's interesting is the (South American) Brazil GMT400 doesn't share the same chassis and drivetrain(s) as the NA counterparts. From what I've been told, the SA GMT400 chassis was derived from the D20 platform, while the body and interior are mostly (completely?) NA derivatives. So the SA GMT400 looks a lot like our NA version but that's where similarities end.

Interestingly, the SA GMT400 has dual-piston front calipers while the NA version has single piston calipers. See the attached .pdf from the SA Chevrolet service manual.
I'm actually in the countryside, However, the heavy rains hit a large part of the state, Including the farm where we live, The water entered my mother's house, but we managed to get my cars and things out of the house and take them to my house, which Because it is a rustic construction style, it is higher in relation to the ground. Our version actually uses a completely different chassis and powertrain compared to the version in your country, as well as differences in the interior and exterior. There is a curious difference in the brakes. Models from the years 1997 and 1998 these pickup trucks left the factory with R15 wheels, From 1999 to 2001 they came out with R16 wheels due to an increase in brake discs, Regarding Arteb headlights and taillights I'm here to help, Any questions just ask me, PS I use google translator so some words may not make sense to you.