Head gasket ? Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stinkpete

Reaction score
My car 4 no reason started overheating drove to a spot 3 m from home let it cool down and got back. Turns out it was a radiator drain plug broke off. Got it fixed then antifreeze was bubbling drove it got me stranded car wasn't hot just the dreaded white smoke keep in mind no cat. This time it started barely but really couldn't drive it. What am I looking at cost hours to fix it. Don't have a lot of money

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's hard 2 no hard to read wall of text take it 2 a shop four proper diag keep in mind its gonna cost u $.

Or better yet, slow down, use proper English, no abbreviations or substituting numbers for words, proper spelling via a spell checker, and punctuation. Theres a place for text-ese, but this isn't it.

Listing the year, make, model, and engine size would be a huge help too. Actual symptoms, pertinent info like temp, warning lights, any and all tests you've perfromed...

Lastly, calling it a "car" is so nondescript theres little way to help, considering this is a "truck" forum. Be aware we can't see it over the internets to even try to even suggest a direction to begin diagnosis.

Considering you're a "I joined today, and don't understand forum standards", I hope you'll actually respond with better info.

Help us help you.

stinkpete

Reaction score
My car 4 no reason started overheating drove to a spot 3 m from home let it cool down and got back. Turns out it was a radiator drain plug broke off. Got it fixed then antifreeze was bubbling drove it got me stranded car wasn't hot just the dreaded white smoke keep in mind no cat. This time it started barely but really couldn't drive it. What am I looking at cost hours to fix it. Don't have a lot of money

stinkpete

Reaction score
I've heard manifold which is cheapest . Next head gasket the work is expensive not the part. I have little money. What r the top issues it could b from cheapest to most expensive? I probably gonna have to call in calvary on this 1 if it's not Manifold.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard 2 no hard to read wall of text take it 2 a shop four proper diag keep in mind its gonna cost u $.

Or better yet, slow down, use proper English, no abbreviations or substituting numbers for words, proper spelling via a spell checker, and punctuation. Theres a place for text-ese, but this isn't it.

Listing the year, make, model, and engine size would be a huge help too. Actual symptoms, pertinent info like temp, warning lights, any and all tests you've perfromed...

Lastly, calling it a "car" is so nondescript theres little way to help, considering this is a "truck" forum. Be aware we can't see it over the internets to even try to even suggest a direction to begin diagnosis.

Considering you're a "I joined today, and don't understand forum standards", I hope you'll actually respond with better info.

Help us help you.
^^^ All of that.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard manifold which is cheapest . Next head gasket the work is expensive not the part. I have little money. What r the top issues it could b from cheapest to most expensive? I probably gonna have to call in calvary on this 1 if it's not Manifold.

No, no, no, no.
Get it properly diagnosed, dont ask for a list of possibilities from cheap to expensive. That's plain dumb. Just because you "heard" someone else's tale of woe, doesn't mean you are gonna need to kitchen sink the entire miscellaneous/unnamed/fill-in-the-blank vehicle.

You seem unable or unwilling to try your own diagnosis, so take it to a shop.
Have it tested for exhaust gasses present in the coolant.
Have it tested for internal or external leaks.

What manifold? It likely has more than one...
And quit it with the text-ese. Words, not abbreviations or substitutions.