New Hampshire Shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_SLE_98

Reaction score
Have had many trucks in over the years that got hit with the parts cannon only to repair rusted chassis ground circuits feeding the fuel pump circuit

That97obs2500

Reaction score
These trucks are definitely fixable, I think good mechanics are just getting rare. You really should put a pressure gauge on your fuel rack and verify values. When it comes to parts these days new doesn't mean better or even that that they will work at all, and with fuel pumps it often takes more than one try. Same goes for the distributor cap, the new ones often crack upon installation and will give you fits. Finally, I had never seen a cracked spark plug in 30 years and lately I have seen more than I can count. Cracked insulators, insulators that got sucked into the combustion chamber, really a bunch of crap floating around these days.

Not saying to frighten you, but just be aware before loading up the parts cannon and shooting at other stuff that might be just fine.

BTW, How’s the mass airflow sensor on your truck?
Mine has no spark after doing the spider injectors. My sisters bf crossed two terminals together in the fuse box and now no spark. Any ideas?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has no spark after doing the spider injectors. My sisters bf crossed two terminals together in the fuse box and now no spark. Any ideas?
Check all fuses and relays. I’d upload your Service Manual from forum and use that to diagnose as well.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know about N.H. but in Ky. Unless you have documentation that you communicated your wishes for certain parts to be installed and you can prove they weren't then you're probably screwed . I'm going to say that all states and areas have a shortage of qualified techs and what you have left are parts replacers. Reason saying that worked on several that have been to every shop around and had the parts cannon several times with no resolve . It's been a couple of weeks now since you first posted and still haven't found a shop ? That really sucks, sorry for your misfortune but if decide to try it yourself there are several here that will try to help you . Again best of luck

nhoj27

Reaction score
Haha all good on the thread jacking.

The shop confirmed they did Delphi and are gonna back up their job! Got an appt to have it looked into on the 10th. Now just gotta cross my fingers for cool enough weather to drop off, and hot enough for them to have it stall out at the shop haha.

Ya, totally with you on new maybe not better, though the coil pack was pretty bulged out. Holding on to everything original for backups since pretty sure it's a bad new fuel pump.

I hear ya on techs. Have a Mercedes with a blown transmission and even dealer refused to work it until there was a valid code showing. Finally jumped to a competent transmission shop to get it resolved.