Haters Gonna Hate, My '06 Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I use a 7/32 socket when I do interior screws such as those that hold on the heater core cover. I didn't even think of them being metric until later. I do have a 5.5mm someplace. I bought it for something specific, but I don't remember what.
5.5 mm is for the blower motor bolts, I've heard some underhood stuff on TBI trucks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Whomever came up with 5.5mm headed bolts to hold on a front bumper as a weak-sauce attempt to keep owners from maintaining their own plastic headlight lenses needs to be made an example of. A 7/32 socket (which is weirdly a thing I have) fits perfectly.

I'm kinda thinking that about five minutes after I get to heaven there's going to be a counseling session where I'm told that I'm not allowed to junk-punch all the engineers who pissed me off in life. I'll have to move fast and get as many as I can.

Seems like an overly extravagant alternative to just buying a 5.5mm socket. I have them in most every toolbox of mine. Besides, there are far more egregious reasons to smack engineers in the junk.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like an overly extravagant alternative to just buying a 5.5mm socket.
My 7/32 socket came in a set. My metric tiny-socket set did not include a 5.5mm.

Besides, there are far more egregious reasons to smack engineers in the junk.
Like I said, I'll have to work fast. It's like Pokeman, "Gotta catch them all!"