Grandpa’s truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlundblad

Reaction score
Here’s our 1992 C1500 that belonged to my wife’s grandfather. It was his baby. He and grandma used it to tow a 22-ish foot cuddy cabin back in the day. Bought it in 1996 with 50k miles on it. It has just over 90k now. 4.3 5 speed. My wife and I always wanted a classic about our age so here we are.

Here’s the day she was dumped off to how she sits today. The tires are 30x9.5-15. Just a tad larger than the 235/45-15’s that were on it before. I think they look perfect. I bought spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fuel filter to swap out this weekend. Has a jerking thing going on when in 4th like it’s being lugged, missing or starving for fuel. Also needs a carrier bearing and shocks. I plan on getting Bilstein 4600’s.

She won’t see winter use and will just be used for home improvement runs and hauling firewood. Ol Red will always be grandpa’s truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right on! That's a nice in, good story too.

On the fuel starving issue. That's highly likely. First thing is to change the filter. But don't be surprised if you end up dropping the tank thinking it's the pump, only to find that the little chunk of rubber hose is disintegrated and full of holes, not allowing full fuel pressure. The ethanol eats it up. New replacement hoses can handle it.
So it would be a great idea to get some fuel pressure readings.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Very Extra Awesome!

The fuel thing could also be fuel injectors, take the air cleaner off and look at the TBI spray pattern. They should both look like christmas trees under any load. If you see any large drips or uneven pattern, those would be suspect. With such low miles, they could get gummed up

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s our 1992 C1500 that belonged to my wife’s grandfather. It was his baby. He and grandma used it to tow a 22-ish foot cuddy cabin back in the day. Bought it in 1996 with 50k miles on it. It has just over 90k now. 4.3 5 speed. My wife and I always wanted a classic about our age so here we are.

Here’s the day she was dumped off to how she sits today. The tires are 30x9.5-15. Just a tad larger than the 235/45-15’s that were on it before. I think they look perfect. I bought spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fuel filter to swap out this weekend. Has a jerking thing going on when in 4th like it’s being lugged, missing or starving for fuel. Also needs a carrier bearing and shocks. I plan on getting Bilstein 4600’s.

She won’t see winter use and will just be used for home improvement runs and hauling firewood. Ol Red will always be grandpa’s truck.
Very nice! Thanks for the pictures. Don't give up on it and let it sit, gotta keep them on the road.