0411 max torque setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was browsing through the BIN file settings this morning and came across this setting. B1901 max allowed engine torque, the file was a 02 express van, and its default setting is 300. Is this something different than the stock 330 ftlbs that the vortec 350 is rated for, if it is i wonder why the default setting is below the engine rating.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Crank that to the moon. What units does it specify? There's a bunch of that crap you're going to want to max out. Just make sure you're not screwing with the transmission related torque reduction stuff unless you like to party. But max allowed engine torque should be maxed out. On my Blackbox 1500 the factory setting was 85%. Simply changing that to 100% made a noticeable improvement.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crank that to the moon. What units does it specify? There's a bunch of that crap you're going to want to max out. Just make sure you're not screwing with the transmission related torque reduction stuff unless you like to party. But max allowed engine torque should be maxed out. On my Blackbox 1500 the factory setting was 85%. Simply changing that to 100% made a noticeable improvement.
i agree with the statement, very curious why the factory setting is lower then the rated engine torque

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I always have the torque management removed when I get them tuned.

There are 2 different types of torque regulation in the PCM and everyone always falsely lumps them all together as TM. TM is for the engine, it's what the OP is talking about. Torque Reduction pulls timing on the upshifts to soften the blow to the feeble 4L60. TM is what L31 is referring to when he says all 350s are the same.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should clarify, when I saw make the same power, the output torque is capped at 300 ft/lbs after the accessory torque and ac torque is removed from the calculations. When I say the power output is always thus the same,I mean within reason. If the air is very dense on a cold winter night, the PCM will actually pull timing when the predicted torque model hits 300 ft/lbs. I first discovered the effect of that torque limit when I put Thorley Tri-Ys on my 97 Express. The PCM was suddenly commanding much less timing at WOT. I maxed that value out and it was a night and day difference.

Before removing the 300 ft/lbs limit.
You must be registered for see images attach