GMT400 paint color question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Lol, I'm cheap anyways so I guess I'll just act like I don't notice it till I can save up for a decent paint job! I think adding rims and the chrome rear bumper will help it out tremendously.

Reaction score
yeah maaco paint doesnt hold up very long...not to mention every maaco paint job ive ever seen has had runs,tape lines,overspray,dirt,solvent pop and fisheyes...

as far as painting it yourself...it would be very expensive, a decent paint gun alone would cost you the price of a Maaco paint job lol...as for finding a place that is dust/bug free...it will never happen...i paint in a sealed climate controlled booth everyday..and no matter what you do..there will always be dirt.....

**** it...just go get yourself some dutch boy and a roller lol

Reaction score
Adding a nice set of rims will actually draw attention away from it... I have a 98 z71 extended cab in white...i just put a nice set of 20x8-1/2 black and chrome wheels on my truck a couple of weeks ago.. i get tons of compliments on the wheels....ill see if i can get a picture posted

Reaction score
of course the tires are a little too small..i have plans to upgrade to something a little more rugged..just have not found a nice tire for both on/off road that i like yet..
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
the third door is definitely a nice option to have..I have a 6 year old son and it just makes it so much easier getting him in and out..especially since he doesnt have to climb over my seats and rip them apart..

Craigslist is a blessing in disguise lol...i find most of my parts on there and that is actually where my wheels came from...they were basically brand new(not a scuff or scratch on them) with basically brand new tires on them (less then 3000 miles) for $600. I checked to see what the wheels were worth and the set of 4 retails for around $1100 and the tires are $150 each...i got very lucky finding them. The only problem was that my stock lugs fit but i couldnt get a socket in the opening...so i had to search all over for more narrow lugs with the 14x1.5 thread...lugs and wheel locks cost me another $110..but i think it was worth it in the end