GMT400 paint color question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they used a different shade of white on the 88-91 trucks than they did on the 97-98 models? Is there a site I can look at to find out what colors were used on GMT400s?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I believe it was all summit white but I'm not 100% certain

Edit: if you can, check the codes for both, codes for 96+ will be in the glove compartment IDK about pre-95

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i remember correctly when i got a touch up pen for my 97 it was called linen white

frito-bandito

Reaction score
So here's my problem, as you can see in this pic of my 98, if you look closely at the bed, you'll see its slightly darker. I knew it had an older (88-91) tailgate on it, but upon closer inspection I realized that the whole bed is off of an older model. I'm wondering if these are two different shades of white or if the difference is caused by older paint/clearcoat and I can buff it out. Any clues/suggestions?

You must be registered for see images attach

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that the paint on the cab is just faded due to it looking like it has a very slight yellow tinge to it. The bed fresher and a deeper white.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I don't know, I washed it yesterday and in person, the cab/front clip look very bright white and in pretty good shape, the yellow your seeing might be just the crappy cell phone pic. Id be happy either way if it would only match.