gen1 into 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sibleyeng

Reaction score
I have a well built gen1 SBC and a 98 c1500, 4L60e was 4.3 but now without an engine. Can I adapt existing wiring to new engine or would I be better off stripping it out and using a aftermarket wiring harness? any experience sharing would be appreciated.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a well built gen1 SBC and a 98 c1500, 4L60e was 4.3 but now without an engine. Can I adapt existing wiring to new engine or would I be better off stripping it out and using a aftermarket wiring harness? any experience sharing would be appreciated.
You should be able to use existing wires with modification and tune change. What else are you doing? Fuel injection, carb, ECM swap?

sibleyeng

Reaction score
would like to retain cruise control, existing gauge cluster, existing lighting wiring and original 4L60e. Will use aftermarket AC . Will go with Carb and
Aftermarket TP sensor setup. I think I can use orig fuel pump with regulator. Thats about all I know at this point.

sibleyeng

Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread into the LSX + Carb Swaps sub-forum.
Question has nothing to do with LSX or carb swaps. Just wanted to know if anyone on this site has put Gen1's running as Gen !'s into OBS trucks and what was involved. Sorry I picked the wrong group/forum.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most gmt 400 trucks used gen 1 small blocks all the way to 2000. Gen2/LS engines were never in them.
Except the 3500HD and the Kodiak stuff. They got coil per cylinder, drive by wire 8100s or L21 454s starting in like 1998 through the end of the GMT400 body style in 2002.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a MPFI manifold for the SBC, get an 0411, repin the harness, and keep the far superior sequential port fuel injection EFI setup.